Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The New Yankee Workshop workbench build has started!

Ive been watching a lot of episodes of The New Yankee Workshop on YouTube lately and one of my favorites is their woodworking workbench.  I found a hardcover copy of the 1st season of NYW book on eBay for a good price.  Norm said that the project can be made with 6 - 2x4s so I bought 7.  I made one mistake in my cuts and had to redo one 17" board that somehow came out 16.75" and still managed to use only 6 - 2x4s.  I am also shooting video on this project so I didnt take as many pictures as I normally would have.

Its Norm!


 This is the goal for my workbench to look like.

My wife got me this dado set for christmas.  I cant find anywhere to buy new plates for my table saw so I
am in the process of making one out of hardboard.

The new plate for the dado set is almost done.

The plan called for 6 - 2x4s so I bought 7.
Time to make some cuts.

These are all the pieces cut for the frame of the workbench.

Even with my one screwup this is all I had left for scraps.

These are all the pieces laid out.  Rabbits and dados are next!


No comments:

Post a Comment