Monday, March 3, 2014

Globe frame

Thanks for all your comments on the Man vs. Wood thing. That was a lot of fun to make, but I have to give a lot of the credit to my son Wyatt, and his sensibilities with the camera. One of these days Ill upgrade to an actual video camera! Right now I just shoot on my little Sony Cybershot still camera in movie mode.

Weve been cleaning out a bunch of old junk (I guess all junk is old) and decided to toss out a hopelessly out-of-date globe. You know they are old when they still list the U.S.S.R.

As I was busting up the sphere itself, just cardboard, I got to looking at the spinning frame that supported it and decided to save it. Once again, junk is making its natural progression from house to shop before landing in the garbage.


But its really a cool thing! I know, I say this all the time, but there has got to be something I can make with this! Any clever ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment